Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Stay Close-to-Home Day

Today is the day before Thanksgiving--traditionally the biggest travel day of the year. I heard a report on WCBS Radio yesterday that the day before Thanksgiving is actually the biggest travel driving day, at least in the NYC area.

I hate traveling for holidays; it means more crowds, more traffic and more stress. I'm happy that we only have an hour's drive for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

I didn't want to travel far today; in fact, I turned down a dental appointment because I didn't want to take the chance that a traffic jam on I-95 North would start in the morning. I went to the gym in the morning and the dog park in the afternoon. Otherwise, I stayed home: did a little cleaning, wrote a few emails, did some online shopping.

All-in-all a good day--staying off the highway.


No comments:

Post a Comment