Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

I like the idea of Thanksgiving--a time to celebrate the good things in life. It's too easy to think about all the things that are wrong or missing. I like that Thanksgiving has usually been a four day weekend for me. I like that this is not an overtly religious holiday. I also like the traditional Thanksgiving foods.

I recognize that many don't share my positive feelings about this holiday. And of course, many things can go wrong. But tonight I'm going to list a few things that I am thankful for.

I'm thankful to have a nice home. Our condo is far from my dream home. With the benefit of hindsight--we wouldn't have bought it--at least not when we did and for as much as we did. But it has much going for it as we learned when we were considering moving about six years ago.

I'm thankful to have family members to celebrate with--family members who don't spend all their time mocking, criticizing and chastising others.

I'm thankful to have Spike. He's been a joy.

Most importantly, I'm thankful to have Jeff. He's been a supportive and loving husband and we are good together.

No comments:

Post a Comment