Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dreams

Last night I dreamed about my sister. She had started a business with a partner called the Muses. The Muses had hired about four people to help them. One woman said that I knew how difficult it was to nail the muses down. I knew the people hired; they were capable but I was mad that I hadn't even heard about the jobs.

Later in the dream, I was on some kind of party cruise. My estranged brother-in-law was there but he wasn't my real b-i-l. I wanted to talk to my (real) friend Elaine about my problem, but she was too busy chatting with others to talk seriously with me. An old male friend also appeared at the party as a guest of my b-i-l. The friend looked like a cross between RA Dickey of the Mets and I'm not sure who else.  I made some conversation with my b-i-l.

At one point, someone told me I shouldn't drink so much. I protested that I hadn't drank that much and had a bottled water, wasn't I good? Then I remembered how someone insisted I drink a shot when the cruise first started.

The rest of the details are vague.

I believe that dreams sometimes offer valuable ideas--for example I've gotten story ideas from dreams. Unfortunately the ideas easily fade away. For a while I kept a dream journal--I'm not sure why I stopped.

Some dreams are random. Why did I dream about my sister Joanna who died 16 years ago and never had her own business? Am I harboring some other kind of resentment towards her?

Elaine is usually a good listener; why did she blow me off in my dream?

Do I need a dream to tell me that drinking too much isn't good?

I don't have the answers but that's typical of my dreams. I figure I just need to ask the questions and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment