Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall Back Day

This morning at 2 am, daylight savings time officially ended. I didn't bother to change the clocks on Saturday night before we went to bed. After all, our cable boxes and cell phones did it for us--giving us a frame of reference. Today, we adjusted the rest of the clocks.

I keep thinking that I should write a poem, "Fall Back", as a companion piece to "Spring Forward."  I've scribbled a few lines but nothing seems to work. Maybe something will come to me in the future.

I never really understood the whole daylight savings rationale. I react badly to the spring habit of losing an hour. And it doesn't seem like a great boon to get the hour back now.

The first impact today of falling back was to adjust the time of our visit to the dog park. We left about an hour before sundown; it quickly grew cold and dark: no more dog park Fridays for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment