Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Creative Procrastination

I had a few hours free today. It would have been a good time to clean the kitchen floor or the bathroom. Actually, I had something to clean in every room.

Instead of cleaning, I tried on clothes. I pulled blouses, pants and skirts from the back of my closets. I was ruthless--packing up things that I hadn't worn in a while or didn't feel comfortable in. I filled two tall kitchen trash bags with clothes for the Goodwill.

My choice today reminded me of the time I cleaned out the linen closet instead of dusting and vacuuming the living room. Really. Who would even see my linen closet?  Shouldn't I have used my time more productively?

My normal rationale is that when I feel like doing some random chore--I should just go for it. But that's not always the right choice. I need to focus. Maybe this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment