Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Family Visit

Last weekend Jeff's sister Thea and her daughter Jane visited from Seattle. All of the family girls (Thea, Jane, Jeff's mother Barbara, Jeff's other sister Melissa and I) took a trip to the Danbury Mall. First up: a ride on the carousel (Thea, Jane and me) followed by a visit to the Build A Bear Workshop. As Barbara observed, it's a big money-maker. But it's also charming. Jane selected a bunny; a sales associate stuffed it, with an assist from Jane; Jane "bathed" it to fluff it up, selected clothes and printed a birth certificate (with help of course.) She named her bunny Maya (great name.)

For me, the highlight of the visit was several rounds of Uno--I haven't played it in years and it was fun. I want to teach Jane and her twin brother Ian rummikub; that's another fun game.


No comments:

Post a Comment