Saturday, November 15, 2014

Seen: A Mystery Hawk

Yesterday when I was returning from my mother's follow up appointment with her surgeon (all went well) I saw a hawk perched on a traffic sign heading into her health care facility. At first, I thought it was an osprey.

This morning I looked at some photos online. and realized that an osprey was all wrong. But I couldn't figure what kind of hawk it was. It was light colored--white to gray--with a rounded head. The photos that looked the most likely, were birds from other areas of the continent. Others had the wrong coloring.

I also looked at snowy owls; the head reminded me of owls, but that was wrong too. I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open. I saw other hawks today and tried to look at them in flight. But ultimately, driving required my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment