Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Saturday Night Movie: Pompeii

Well, it's Wednesday. I guess our Saturday night movie--Pompeii--wasn't all that memorable. We didn't expect much. We started to watch the movie, then realized that a UVM basketball game was on, and watched that instead. After the game, we returned to Pompeii.

I had never thought about gladiator fights in Britannia, but I guess it makes sense that the rulers would import their own forms of entertainment, and there is evidence to support this.

But, that's just the set-up. I saw the rest of the movie as a second-class Gladiator. A commenter on IMDB compared it to Gladiator, but also to Titanic with its love story set against a disaster. I wonder if that's how it was pitched?

Overall, a mediocre film.

No comments:

Post a Comment