Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Mid-Terms

There isn't a Senate race in Connecticut this year; much of the focus here is on the governor's race. it's a close one--we may not get those results until tomorrow. I was surprised to hear that Connecticut might have had a record turnout of 55 to 60 percent of registered voters. Beautiful weather helped; problems with delayed registration records in Hartford hurt.

Politicians and multiple PAC's made this an ugly campaign. Watching New York television and listening to NY radio exposed me to negative campaigns of three states (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.) I didn't know half of the candidates.

I must admit I'm mesmerized by John King and his magic map on CNN. Last election, some of the other reporters/anchors struggled with it.

Regardless of the results, my biggest feeling right now is one of relief--no more campaign ads and no more frantic email requests for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment