Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hunkered Down in Ridgefield

I got up early this morning because I hadn't packed yet. It was already raining. I had hoped to be out of the house by 9.  Surprise, I made it by 8:50. By the time I made it to my mother's health care facility, the rain had turned to sleet and my windshield was getting more foggy. I didn't stay long because within 20 minutes the sleet had turned to snow. I had to head further north to take care of Jake, and the snow would only be worse.

I made it up here just before 11; Jeff arrived about an hour later. I was so glad to see him; I would have just kept worrying if he had arrived later.

We just took the dogs out for a walk before it got too dark. And we're hunkered down, except for a short walk later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment