Monday, November 24, 2014

What's Cooking?

I went food shopping on Friday, along with running errands and doing laundry for my mother. I decided to pick up a rotisserie chicken for a simple dinner. I served it with Stovetop Stuffing and dried cranberries and a side salad with romaine, carrots and avocado.

We were a little more ambitious on Saturday night. I suggested that we do a surf and turf with the leftover filet mignon from Spike's birthday. Jeff got some salmon and we tag teamed dinner. First we had a cup of pumpkin/apple soup that I made earlier in the week. Jeff made the filet mignon and salmon with tomatoes and pesto. I roasted a red pepper, and potatoes with garlic and scallion and sauteed garlic and scallion to pour over the fresh spinach.

I had also found a beer based fondue when shopping and thought we could pair that with a beer based mussel dish. Usually we cook mussels with wine, but I remember a meal in a French restaurant beer garden on North Main Street in Norwalk that unfortunately no longer exists. That was Sunday's dinner: mussels with beer; a beer based fondue with garlic bread and apples. We also had a romaine salad.

Since Jeff also bought a lobster tail, we decided to add that to a Trader Joe's Japanese Style Fried Rice for dinner tonight. Jeff also added some carrot and ginger ferment and some fermented hot sauce and some red pepper,

All of our meals were delicious. Not sure what we'll come up with for tomorrow night's dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment