Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is that I usually get a four-day weekend. This weekend I worked two hours. I wanted to work more, but the only other student who was interested is the one that I meet on Sundays. I have plans tomorrow--we're going to a basketball game--more on that later.

We've been lucky to avoid long travel at Thanksgiving, and we've never hosted a Thanksgiving dinner. That means we avoid much of the holiday stress. It's sad that one of the first things I mention about Thanksgiving is stress. Ideally, holidays are a time of celebration with loved ones. Unfortunately, they often bring stress and discord.

I've had a good weekend. I was a bit nervous about snow on Wednesday, but it wasn't as bad as I had feared. Thanksgiving Day itself was very nice. Yesterday and today consisted mostly of errands and chores. Not particularly sexy, or exciting, but most days are neither. I'm happy for the calm.


No comments:

Post a Comment