Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mid-November

Yesterday I emailed a friend to see how she was doing with her writing goals this month. She hasn't been able to write every day as she had hoped. My reaction was ambivalent. She's my friend and I want her to succeed in her endeavors. On the other hand, there's the adage that misery loves company. I don't feel as bad about my own failures/shortcomings if she is also having trouble achieving her goals.

I don't expect that the second half of the month will be easier for me than the first half. I'll just try to keep moving forward. At least I've been thinking about the story that I started (only about 300 words.)

One positive for me in the last week is that I've worked out at home when I couldn't get to the gym. That's been a problem area for me for a few years. It helps me feel better physically which helps me in other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment