Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Listening

An important thing that yoga taught me was to listen to my body.

When I started my yoga practice, "feel the burn" and "no pain, no gain" aerobic workouts were popular.

They're catchy phrases but not particularly helpful.

Listening to your body doesn't mean giving up at the first sign of discomfort. Instead you try to breathe through it. But you don't push through real pain.

October was a bad workout month for me. In a "cut off your nose to spite your face" kind of way, I rebelled against myself by blowing off the gym and pretty much any kind of exercise.

I'm slowly trying to get back into a routine. I can't expect to work at the same level as I did several weeks ago. I'm rusty. I just have to work with that and listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment