Wednesday, November 16, 2016

What I've Been Reading

It's been a while since my last books entry and things have changed.

From that list I finished Red The History of the Redhead and Henry VIII The King and His Court. I started by skimming the latter: the first few chapters were more like lists of tapestries than a narrative. The book became more interesting as I continued.

After I finished the Henry VIII book, I wanted something completely different. I started Unveiling the Edge ot Time Black Holes, White Holes Wormholes by John Gribbin, but only made it through two chapters. So once again, I went for something completely different. I read three mysteries that I picked up at a library sale: T is for Trespass, Hardball and Body Work. The first is a Kinsey Millhone mystery by Sue Grafton. The other two are written by Sara Paretsky and feature her detective V.I.Warshawski. I enjoy both series and their protagonists. The books are fast moving and relatively easy to read.

I'm currently reading The Mists of Avalon, a retelling of the Arthur myth, by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It's 876 pages, since I usually only read before bed, it will take me some time to finish. I'm trying to work in other times to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment