Sunday, November 6, 2016

Weekend Movies

Friday night we watched Spectre, the latest James Bond film. I liked it, but it was too long. I got bored during the chase scenes--they were too long and repetitive. I'm in the minority in my opinions on chase scenes: a little is enough.The last two Bond films are a blur, so I can't comment on inconsistencies from those films to this one (as someone on imdb commented.)

Last night we watched Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I really enjoyed this. (I also liked Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.)  It would have been better if I had read the original Pride and Prejudice. I have a copy that I picked up at a book sale a few years ago. I'll have to crack it open.

We also watched Blood and Black Lace last night. Maybe it was too late, but I just couldn't get into it. The director is Mario Bava; I loved his Black Sunday. Maybe Blood and Black Lace deserves another viewing. But not for awhile, I already deleted the recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment