Sunday, January 1, 2023

Books Read in 2022

I read 35 books this year. At different times, I wrote about a goal of 30 books, other times it was 35. I'm glad I completed 35. I re-read one book, The Cabinet of Curiosities and abandoned two, War and Peace and Strange But True Mysterious and Bizarre People.

Here's my list:

1. The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Allison Weir

2. Jubilee by Margaret Walker

3. Dragonwyck by Anya Seton

4. The Four Winds by Kristen Hannah

5. Emma by Jane Austin

6. Diablo Canyon by Preston & Child

7. Triangle by Katharine Weber

8.  A Fall of Marigolds by Nancy Meissner

9. Triangle The Fire That Changed America by David Von Drehle

10. My Thoughts Be Bloody  The Bitter Rivalry Between Edwin and John Wilkes Booth that Led to an American Tragedy by Nora Titone

11. Wild From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed

12. The Lost Fortune of the Czars by William Clarke

13. Julie and Julia my year of cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell 

14. waiting the true confessions of a waitress by debra ginsberg

15. American Heiress The Wild Saga of the Kidnapping, Crimes and Trial of Patty Hearst by Jeffrey Toobin

16. Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow 

17. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

18. Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly

19. Booth by Karen Fowler

20. Laura by Vera Caspary

21. Manhunt The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson

22. The Puzzled Heart by Amanda Cross

23. Dreamland by Kevin Baker 

24. The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas

25. Mercury Boys by Chandra Prasad

26. Neighbors and Other Stories by Bette Bono

27. Elizabeth of York: A Tudor Queen and Her World by Alison Weir

28. Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler

29. Plays By and About Women Edited by Victoria Sullivan and James Hatch

30. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

31. Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris

32. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

33. My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem

34. She Walks These Woods by Sharyn McCrumb

35. The Fire by Katherine Neville

Here's a breakdown by rough categories: 10 historical novels, 9 mystery/suspense, 8 nonfiction, 3 pop culture, 2 science fiction, 2 collections, and 1 classic. 

My favorite books of the year: Triangle The Fire That Changed America, My Thoughts Be Bloody, and Dreamland. 

Now, what to read next? I'm going to put in holds at the library for two books, but I still have many options here.

No comments:

Post a Comment