Thursday, June 20, 2024

Thursday Thoughts

Had a frustrating medical morning involving tests and a hearing aid evaluation. I naively thought I could just drop off specimens for lab work, but got stuck waiting for about 15 minutes which made me late for the evaluation. I was told I should have made an appointment. In hindsight, I should have rescheduled the evaluation, but I had already rescheduled it twice. I felt obligated to go when they said it was okay. Today, I got a short version of the evaluation and have to go back again anyway. Sigh.

It's hot. At least it's not 100 degrees, just the 90s. Mornings are okay, with temperatures in the 70s. Midday and evening walks have been tough. The last two days we've driven to Mathews Park and walked from there on the NRVT to Oyster Shell Park. I can't imagine walking up hospital hill in this weather. Besides the high temperature, the air quality has been bad.

I'm packing a lot of things for our New Jersey vacation. We'll be away for a week, and we're driving. I prefer to be prepared. Once we made our final decision of where to stay, I was psyched. We'll be in two different towns. In one town, we'll be visiting with family. In another, it will be the three of us.

Looking forward to a vacation; it's been a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment