Monday, June 17, 2024

Monday Miscellanea and Vacation Plans

I didn't feel well for part of last week, but I was feeling progressively better. Until today, that is. So, I'll see my doctor on Wednesday.

We're heading into a heat wave. Summer is officially here on Thursday, but I still feel that this is too soon for a heatwave. 

We're going to the Jersey Shore next Sunday. When we recently went to the shore overnight, we learned that other cousins (all from my dad's side of the family) would be visiting next week. Jeff and I booked an airbnb for three nights in Seaside Park.

After that, we're heading to another cousin's (from my mother's side of the family) in Sea Isle City, about an hour south of Seaside Park. We'll probably stay three days, but we're not definite.

This is our first time staying in an airbnb, and we're finally using the gift certificate we got a few Christmases ago. I've started putting things together. I'll probably overpack since we are driving--even though we'll have access to washing machines in both locations. 

Thinking about the trip in terms of frugality a la the frugal girl. Our stay in Seaside Park is pricey. That's one reason we normally wait until September for our vacations. But the cousins won't be visiting in September. Luckily the Sea Isle City place is free. Can't be frugaller than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment