Friday, September 13, 2024

Back Home

We returned home on Wednesday afternoon, after a week away in Dundalk, Maryland. I didn't really want to leave, but the ride down had been exhausting. So, I considered staying overnight somewhere on the way home (possibly in Newark, DE, my college town.) I also didn't want to be driving on Friday. Luckily, the return trip was fine except for hitting a lot of traffic as we entered Stamford. 

We had a wonderful time in Maryland. I've know Annette for about 40 years. This was the most time we've ever spent together. We had some delicious food from her favorite restaurants. We returned to the park where Jeff's great, great, (I think) uncle served as superintendent (I want to say Superintendo per Ralph Wiggins on the Simpsons.)

Annette showed us all around Dundalk, Baltimore, Frederick, and Essex. Oh, we went through other areas as well I can't remember them all now. What's important, is that Jeff and I can see ourselves living in the area. 

We went to see one condo because it had an open house. While it hit our main requirements, it would have been settling. At least, it gave us a point of reference. 

We're finally on the road to getting out of Connecticut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment