Sunday, September 29, 2024

Baseball and a Birthday

Jeff's birthday was Wednesday. He wasn't feeling well, so we didn't go out for lunch or dinner. Jace and I walked to Blue Cactus Grill and picked up a sandwich for lunch. I had made spaghetti sauce last week so heated that, added ground pork, and served it over angel hair pasta for dinner. I also made a salad and picked up a South African wine. Jeff ended up going to bed early--around 8 PM without dessert. You know Jeff  must have been feeling really bad for him to bypass chocolate ganache cake. 

The next day we went to Sedona Tap House for lunch. We had unexpectedly frugal glasses of sparkling wine--a $2.special. Beers were half-off and we got a free appetizer. Works for me. Jeff and I had cake after a light dinner. 

Last week I read an article Be Worried About the Mets Fan in your Life by Will Leitch. I can relate. I was devastated by the Mets loss to Atlanta on Tuesday 1-5. Then the next two games were rescheduled to a double-header on Monday with the Wild Card Series starting Tuesday. Ugh! 

It was hard to have to wait until Friday to see the Mets. Then they lost their two games against Milwaukee. Double ugh. I'm worried. If the Mets don't make it into the playoffs, at some point, I will be able to celebrate their comeback season. But in the near term, it will be a grave disappointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment